The DevOps Engineer is an IT professional who collaborates with software developers, system operators and other IT staff members to manage code releases. DevOps Engineer is responsible for multitasking and dealing with multiple urgent situations at a time, Devops Engineers must be extremely flexible.
- The DevOps Engineer contributes to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges.
- The DevOps Engineer drives adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Works to automate existing procedures and work with developers to analyze and improve systems and increase system transparency.
- Scripting tasks relative to platforms support and service delivery.
- Facilitates after hours deployment efforts as needed.
- The DevOps Engineer supports development and QA teams in their deployment efforts as needed.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately, deferring to management on communicating with external teams as needed.
- Provides internal and external clients with excellent client service. .
- Experience working in the trading industry, including a working knowledge of exchange protocols and order lifecycles.
- Able to work collaboratively with others across a variety of projects.
- Work effectively in time-sensitive situations, and prioritize issues on the fly by importance.
- A strong desire to continue learning about all areas of the system – hardware, software and business logic.
- A willingness to improve our systems and raise our standards to the best in the industry.
- Experience supporting applications that run on Web services and Java virtual machines technologies.
- Persistent desire to innovate, automate, and continually improve processes.
- Willingness to find problems and come up with creative solutions. .