Support Engineer diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help customers install applications and programs. Technical Support Engineer responsibilities include resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support.
Strong Communication Skills
- Support Engineer resolves customer issues via telephone, email or remote session.
- Support Engineer reproducing issue in-house and responding back in a timely manner.
- Regular follow ups with customers with recommendations, updates and action plans.
- Support Engineer escalates issues in a timely manner according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Support Engineer creates new knowledge base articles to capture new learnings for reuse throughout the organization.
- Document case work accurately to ensure the correct level of detail is available for colleagues.
- Communicating plans for resolution, explaining developments, and conveying resolution.
- Support Engineer validates technical information and issues early warning and disseminates information as needed.
- Excellent knowledge of information and network security fundamentals.
- Ability to perform deep, dive technical troubleshooting.
- Strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience.
- Obsession with delivering highly available and performant systems that surpass customer expectations.
- Experience in a technical support role in software or telecommunications environment.
- Has a good memory of how software and operating systems work.
- Has excellent listening and questioning skills; combined with the ability to interact confidently .
- Possess the ability to think logically, and has good analytical and problem solving skills .
- Paid time off according to local laws
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Childcare leave
- Employee recognition programs
- Relocation assistance
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, plus flexible work schedules