UNIX Administrator installs, configures, and maintains UNIX operating systems. Analyzes and resolves problems associated with the operating system's servers, hardware, applications, and software.
- UNIX Administrator provides solid expertise to implement and support complex Unix OS based infrastructure.
- UNIX Administrator provides server performance monitoring and fine tuning.
- UNIX Administrator proactively looks for opportunities and provides suggestions in improving system availability and ability to save cost.
- UNIX Administrator involves and participates in resource management and the development of capacity plans based on historical trends and business drivers.
- Requires being aware of new directions in the areas of operating systems, computer systems.
- UNIX Administrator determines level of availability for business requirements when implementing new designs.
- UNIX Administrator identifies and documents availability shortfalls and develop corrective action plans.
- Ensuring enterprise servers are compliant with corporate standards.
- Strong experience in issue triage and performance s troubleshooting.
- Ability to develop automated processes using Unix batch/shell scripting languages.
- Experience in resource management and system tuning.
- Experience installing and upgrading software.
- The ability to manage projects and tasks independently.
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language.
- A solid understanding of a UNIX-based operating system.
- Ability to build relationships and work effectively with cross-functional, international team .
- Paid time off according to local laws
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Childcare leave
- Employee recognition programs
- Relocation assistance
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, plus flexible work schedules